Dr. Seuss's ABC is a 1963 English language alphabet book written by Dr. Seuss starring two anthropomorphic yellow dogs named Icabod and Izzy as they journey through the alphabet and meet characters that begin with each letter. In the Living Books version they appear on every page and they find out more things that also begin with each letter. Also side that they find out what the main characters are about such as what they like to do what are their names, interest and fun hobbies. The Cat in the Hat and The Grinch also made cameo appearances and There was also a Zed that comes and goes as well.
This book has an iOS and Android app by Oceanhouse Media.
Beginner Book Video
Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences
- This is a review of the Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences between the video and the book.
- Once upon a time, in a far away land. Due to Icabod's lower half of his body being cut from page 2 looking at the letter "Big A" in the book page 2 was changed differently, In the video you will see Icabod taken from the page 1 from where he and his sister Izzy were looking at the logo "Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss". Now in this scene He is looking at The letter "A" while standing on orange grass, Izzy from page 2 then appears but she is looking at little "A". Izzy has been rotated faced up, and then "A" and "a" are joined in a yellow background.
- Pages 4-5, Aunt Annie's pet alligator is not walking on the yellow floor like he did in the book, instead he is walking on the white floor in the video, some hair has been added onto the alligator, and the term "A..a..A" in the video they are not orange, but black instead.
- On page 6, Icabod it standing on the floor and not on the small hill like in the book, He is now looking at the big letter "B", Izzy is pointing at the lowercase "b" and then the capital "B" and lowercase "b" are joined together in a blue background.
- On page 9 and nine, the barber is seen, but the baby isn't seen just yet. you will notice the baby's hairline on the barber's scissors before the baby phases in. Bubbles appear next to the boy blowing them with a pipe. The bumblebee is seen but straight vertical.
- On page 11 the scene is upside down showing the camel. Then it flips right side up as it reveals that the camel is standing on a ceiling. The door in the pink room has been drawn in due to being cut from the page, in the living book's version of this book it reveals that a clown with a cake was in there and so was the Cat in the Hat himself in there making a cameo appearance but not in the beginner book video version. Icabod and Izzy are standing close in the middle under the camel, but they were standing to the left in the book. The rest of the scenery has been drawn and painted in. The words from the book "C....c....C" appear over the camel. The camel's name is revealed to be Clyde in the living books version.
- On page 13 of the video of the book, capital "D" and lowercase "d" are together in a blue background. Noticed that in the video Marian the Narrator says "Big D Little D" as it was also said in the book, but the lines that said "What begins with D?" wasn't in the book. So that question was an add-on in the video but not said in the book. David Donald Doo's bed is now set on the white floor as it wasn't in the book, because in the book the bed was on a blue floor. The dream bubble "where you will see a few doughnuts and the Duck Dog" is drawn differently.
- Page 14 on the video of the book, a review of the letters A, B, C, D appear from the book but are taken away as the red "E..e..e" comes and its more bigger than its normal size in the book.
- On page 15 of the video of the book, of section "E", The boy "whose name reveals to be Ernie in the living books version" with the big ear has been drawn slightly different in this video book for some reason. His hair was black, nose drawn different and eyelashes are longer and his ear is drawn differently. The elephant you see in the video does not appear to be Horton but in the Living Books version the elephant is revealed to be a female and her name is revealed to be Ethel. The logo's "e,e,E" appear from the book but, under the female elephant and has dots. The Bird named Emily with a golden egg remains the same as in the book.
- Big F and little f are in a green background but then they push back and disappear as the narrator said "F" 3 times on page 17 of the video of the book. The Fiffer-feffer-feff is standing on a drawn green hill.
- Another review of the alphabet happens again on page 18-19 of the video of the book but, G comes pushing A,,B,C,D,E, and F out the way. The girl whose name reveals to be Greta in the living books version" is 6 paces away from her pet goat whose name is also revealed to be Gus in the living books version. The logo's G,g and G are in a orange background but the dots do not appear.
- In the H section, in the book page 20-21 of the video of the book, the Horse was looking at the hay while eating it but in the video he was looking at the viewers while eating hay. Big H and little h are in a blue background. The hen's name reveals to be Harriet in the living books version. The background has been changed a bit with the white on top and blue in the middle and white again at the bottom. The horses backside and legs were drawn and painted in the scene due to being cut from the page. The hen is standing on the white floor in the video and Icabod and Izzy are standing on the white floor in the video but, look at Icabod's left hand and arm. You will notice that it has been cut from the page. Its been drawn and painted in but it appears shorter than the other. His left ear was also colored and drawn in too. The text "Hooray Hooray!" are not blue but black instead.
- Page 22-23 of the video of the book the logo's Big "I" and little "i" are joined together in a pink background but then pushes itself back as the narrator said "I" 3 times. The capital letter "I" appears over Izzy. Icabod has been slightly moved down a little bit and Izzy has been moved 3 paces down on this page.
- Big "J" and little "j" appear together in a yellow background on page 24 of the video of this book then shows Jerry Jordan making Strawberry Jam in his Jelly jar.
- Big "K" and little "k" appear together in a green background on page 26-27, the kitten and the kangaroo are both standing on the white floor in the video but in the book they were standing on the green floor. You will also notice that the kitten is 6 paces away from the kangaroo. The tea kettle the is in mid air and is face up vertical in the video but horizontal in the book and you will see a leg of a man as if the leg kicked the kettle, then the the kettle flies up and out the scenery in this video. The line is more thicker on the kite's tail in the video but in the book the tail was thin. Due to half of the king's body being cut from the page the editors painted and drew the rest of it in on the video, his hand appears to be colored different and longer in the video than how it used to look in the book, his back side and the back of his crown was also painted and drawn in but the big white dots on it were colored black. The words "KERCHOO" is more closer to the king's mouth as he sneezed.
- Big "L" and little "l" appear together in a orange background from page 28 of the texts. Page 29, Little Lola Lopp as you will see in the video, is standing on a white floor this time and the orange background in the book is now the wall in the video, the rest of the left leg's pants has been painted and drawn in for the video, and rest of the lazy lion left arm has been painted and drawn in moving back and fourth with a lollipop in hand.
- Big "M" and Little "m" appear together in a blue background from page 30. On page 31 in the video the second mouse named (Minerva) has been copied on the scenery to replace the mouse named (Mike) that was directing the other 5 mouses who also had his eyes open in the book. Reason why, because the editors didn't feel like doing much of filling in the rest of Mike's body. The fourth mouse named (Mario) was copied to replace the fifth mouse named (Mary) that was in the book where her face was only seen and not the body, and the normal version of them can be seen in the powerpoint version and the book. The yellow moon appears from the hill after the narrator Marian "said "in the moonlight" as the moon comes it stops and stays behind the third tree a little bit. The mice were also moved up closer and none of the mice appear to be directing in this scene like Mike was in the book.
- Big "N" and little "n" appear together in a yellow background on pages 32-33, Nine bear-like creatures are seen wearing new neck ties. Noticed that in the book, the top middle bear wearing a green necktie has been replaced with the head of the bear who is then seen wearing a night shirt. A new face was drawn for Norman with a long nose. Norman who has a long nose in the book, only his front face was shown from the right side of the edge of the page and not the head. It is unexplained why the editors didn't want to add on his head, hair instead of drawing a new face.
- Only the big letter capital "O" is shown over the ostrich (named Otis in the Living books version) and the owl on page 29 of the video of this book. Oscar is a green animal seen only in the living books version.
- On page 36-37 in the video, the letters of the alphabet A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.I.J.K.L.M.N.and O are black instead of yellow like it was in the book and the living books presentation. Icabod and Izzy and the big blue letter "P" are in page 36 standing on the black grass in the video moved from page 37 of the book.
- On page 38-39 on the video of this book narrator says the words that start with" P" as the scene shows the bear wearing pajamas painting them pink from white, the policeman and papa in the pail and Peter Pepper's Puppy are all standing on the white floor of the pages as the pink background is now a wall. Due to Icabod's backside being cut from the page the character was replace with the recent one from page 37 of the book but Izzy was taken from his hands at the time. You will also notice that his right hand was missing and also, Icabod in the video was happy instead of shocked. The Police man and Papa do not appear at the same time in the video like in the book.
- Big "Q" and little "q" appear together in a blue background in page 41 of the video of the book. The quick queen of Quincy and her pet quackaroo (duck-like animal) appear to be walking on the white floor and the background of the book is now a wall in the video. The Queen "who is named Quinella in the living books version" comes in first then later her Pet Quackeroo comes in following her going "QUACK QUACK"
- Big "R" and little "r" appear together in a yellow background. Rosy's red rhinoceros (who is named Rupert in the Living Books version) appears to be standing on the white floor and the yellow background in the book is now a wall in the video. Notice that Rupert the Rhinoceros's body was cut and shortened of you look at the saddle in the video being close, but in the book he has a longer body and the saddle is farther. The editors did this for Rupert to fit in the video.
- Big "S" and little "s" appear together on a blue background. In this video, you will see Sammy Slick at the table and his face is normal and 5 more soda glasses appear on the table. Notice that the 4th soda has been copied to replace the 6th soda glass that was cut from page 45 in the video of this book. Then at the narrator said "sick, sick, sick", Sammy's face then turned green 3 times and his green face was darker green in the video than how it was in the book.
- Big "T" and little "t" are in a orange background together on page 46 and then the two letters come close as the narrator repeats "T" again. In the book the tree with the ten tired turtles was closer in page 47, but in the video the tree is farther and the bottom of the tree remained to be cut on the bottom in the video as it was in the book.
- Big "U" and little "u" are also in a yellow background together on page 48-49. In the video Uncle Ubb is standing on the white floor and the yellow background from the book is now a wall. The camera is pointed at the umbrella then Uncle Ubb
- Big "V" and little "v" appear together in a pink background. Icabod and Izzy are more closer to Vera Violet Vinn standing to the left in the video, but in the book they are far from her and standing to the right on page 51.
- The two big W's and the lowercase w, are in a blue background together. On page 52-53,of the video of the book Willy Waterloo is one step closer to the blue wall behind him. The water coming from the water hose to douse over Warren Wiggins is drawn differently, the scrub brush Warren was holding has been moved up a bit from Waldo Woo's head. The drops of water are shifted to the right from Waldo Woo.
- The capital X is in a yellow background. The background appears to be a wall now with the white background behind it. A picture of Nixie Knox's portrait is posted on the wall then falls off after Marian the Narrator said "It's also come in handy". The ax is seen in mid air by itself then Xavier the Fox appears to be holding it. Notice the fox is standing on the white floor on page 55 if the video of the book.
- Big Y and little y appear together on a orange background. On page 56-57 of the video of the book, some hair has been erased from the giant yawning yak. His ears are drawn differently and his mouth has been edited a bit. The rest of Yolanda Yorgenson's hair has been drawn and painted a bit in the scenery of the video.
- Page 58 is used and the letters from page 59 were taken and put into the speech bubbles, but the letters appear one by one as the narrators talking the alphabet. Icabod and Izzy are now being voiced by Angelique Claire Sirois and Colin Carman to sing the alphabet in the video. The rest of Icabod's backside and arms and hand is drawn and painted it and bit. The term "and...." does appear in the speech bubble in the powerpoint version, but it did not in the video and also, Angelique did say "and...
- Page 60 and 61 of the video of the book was inverted the blue speech bubble was now painted white while the outside of it was painted from yellow to blue. The letter capital Z that grew is now painted light pink from magenta then lowercase z comes joining big Z.
- On page 62 and 63 of the video of this book, Icabod and Izzy are shifted to the left a few paces from the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz.
- The backing pages of this book are now in the video as you will see Icabod and Izzy in the scene with all the lowercase and capital letters then as Colin and Angelique sings the ABC Song again the big capital letters appear from A to Z after they get through singing, all the small capital and lowercase letters began to disappear as the episode of this book on video comes to an end.
- At the end of the alphabet medley, they did not say "now I know my abc's next time won't you sing with me?" because the original book did not say that but the background music plays that medley.
- But in the powerpoint version, instead of the trivia above, the letters next to that page says "THE END! "
You can listen to the audiobook online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym1u72HvAWs