Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Video a.k.a. Random House's Beginner Book Videos is a 30-40 minute Video series where the creators from Random House Inc start a project by bringing Dr. Seuss's Books to a video premiering series with the help of other production medias known as Praxis Media and later Greenlight Media, and the Dr. Seuss books are used as being on screen by computer animation and characters of the pages are moving at some point as the story from the book is being narrated. The Creators of Praxis and Greenlight Media will use both Beginner books and Bright and Early Books.
There are also other books of Dr. Seuss that have been brought to video as well however these are not beginner books. These books have been brought to video premiering and have been presented as Dr. Seuss Video Classics. Dr Seuss Video Classics views other books to video such as Horton Hatches the Egg, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book, If I Ran The Zoo, Thidwick the Big Hearted Moose and more of others.
On Dr Seuss Beginner Book Video Series, when the 12 books appear, you will see layers of characters fly to their books which then makes the book glow.
Sixth, you'll see a character with the letter A on his head fly into his book titled Dr. Seuss's ABC.
Eighth, you'll see two birds who was walking on a blue hoop flying into their book titled Oh the Thinks you can Think!
Ninth, you'll see two brother and sister yellow bear cubs who like to hop on their father's stomach fly into their book titled Hop on Pop.
Tenth, you'll see Mr. Fox in full view there the front of his paws he uses as hands have been copied to be made into his back feet and his back side and tail was drawn painted in as he flies into his book titled Fox in Socks.
and The Cat in the Hat is the last layer to get into his book titled The Cat in the Hat Comes Back and after the medley ends, a book will come to the screen as a narrator tells you the title and reads the story.
On Newer Beginner Book Videos which features The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and other stories. The original intro of the layers flying to their books is used again for the 5th and 6th time, however, The medley has changed similar to the original medley from the last four first Beginner Book Videos. As the medley ends, instead of one of the books on display coming to the screen, a book off screen comes from the side on screen instead to be viewed.
Another Beginner Book Video which features "I Am NOT Going to Get up Today! and other stories" The original intro and medley is not used at all except the title "Dr. Seuss Beginner Book Video", but the title was in a lighter blue background then a silhouette from the book "The Shape of Me and Other Stuff" comes and moves the title and the four books appear I Am NOT Going to Get up Today!/The Shape of Me and Other Stuff/Great Day for Up!/In a People House along with 1 of each character from the books not flying in but flying out.
Other books that were not part of Dr. Seuss's work have been brought to Random House's Home Video as well known with some of the beginner and bright and early books by P.D. Eastman and Stan and Jan Berenstain.
Dr. Seuss Beginner Book Video
- Dr. Seuss's ABC featuring I Can Read with My Eyes Shut! and Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
- Hop on Pop featuring Oh Say Can You Say? and Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish featuring Oh the Thinks you can Think! and The Foot Book
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back featuring Fox in Socks and There's a Wocket in my Pocket!
- I Am NOT Going to Get up Today! featuring The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, Great Day for Up! and In a People House
- The Cat in the Hat featuring Maybe You Should Fly a Jet Maybe You Should Be a Vet
- Green Eggs and Ham featuring The Tooth Book and Ten Apples Up on Top
- I Wish That I Had Duck Feet featuring Come over to My House, and The Eye Book
- Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog? featuring Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo, Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him!, and Please Try to Remember the First of Octember!
- 2 Dr. Seuss Favorites: Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat
- Dr. Seuss Video Favorites
Dr. Seuss Video Classics
The title episode of video was narrated by a superstar, much like "Shelley Duvall's Bedtime Stories", a video series that was also released in 1992.
- Circus Classics - Horton Hatches the Egg/If I Ran the Circus
- Treasury Classics - Yertle the Turtle/Gertrude McFuzz/The Big Brag
- Christmas Classics - How the Grinch Stole Christmas/If I Ran the Zoo
- Jungle Classics - Horton Hears a Who/Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose
- Traveling Classics - Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are/Scrambled Eggs Super
- Bedtime Classics - Dr Seuss's Sleep Book/Hunches in Bunches
- Environmental Classics - The Lorax/Oh, the Places You'll Go!/McElligot's Pool
- Childhood Classics - On Beyond Zebra!/Happy Birthday to You!/And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street
- Heartwarming Classics - I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew/Bartholomew and the Oobleck/What Was I Scared Of?/The King's Stilts
- Storytime Classics - The Sneetches/The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins/The Zax/Too Many Daves
P. D. Eastman Beginner Book Video
The Berenstain Bears Beginner Book Video
- The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone featuring Bears in the Night, and The Bear Detectives
- The Bears Christmas featuring Inside, Outside, Upside Down, and The Bike Lesson
- The Big Honey Hunt featuring The Bears Picnic, and The Bear Scouts
- 2 Dr Seuss Favorites Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat
Go here: The Random House Book Video Crew
- Marian Hailey Moss
- Jim Thurman
- Barton Heyman
- Lynn Blair
- Colin Carman
- Earl Hammond
- Angelique Claire Sirois
- Brett Ambler
- Lorna List
- Ardys Flavelle
- Alan Kalter
- Sascha Radetsky
- Sharon Lerner
- Lani Zera
- Larry Robinson
- Merwin Goldsmith
- Brendan Parry
- Ron Marshall
- John Cleese
- John Lithgow
- Billy Crystal
- Madeline Kahn
- Walter Matthau
- Dustin Hoffman
- William Fowler
- Fran Brill
- Michael Fass
- Alison Hashmall
- During the making of this project, the Praxis Media team has had piles of his books to use. They would use two books of the same story each to, edit copy, paint paste and drawn filling in the scene for the video in hopes of everything to be just like it was in the book.
- The collaboration of Random House and Praxis Media took place Palace Production Center in Norwalk, CT where the project started.
- Staci Neri, the cutout layout artist for Praxis Media, stated that if the creators made a mistake in cutout and layout from the book to animation book it had to be completely redone. The work of this project was very specific to accomplish. when the project is done it becomes post production and cannot be appeal to be fixed after when everything has officially been concluded. If the project wasn't good enough the creators would have to start the entire book/video over again. But the reason they did the animation the way they did it was because he Dr. Seuss didn't want his artwork re-done anymore. He wasn't happy with the movies that had been made previously such as, The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, The Hoober-Bloob Highway, Dr. Seuss on the Loose, Horton Hatches the Egg (1942 film), Horton Hears a Who!, etc. He wanted them to be his artwork exactly he stated himself. He didn't want the full animation in the project and if he did that would mean he would have to sign over the rights to those books he wrote himself.
- In these videos, some of the characters you seen in the book may or may not have their eyes opened or closed and they may or may not do movement. The characters in the books are now used as a layers for the pages of the books made into scenes by computer editing, painting and drawing. There are times the backgrounds on the video are different from the book or modified such as trees, houses, walls being a bit closer or some certain parts that they can't get in or draw and color and paint in what has been cut off from the book. Sometimes the character/layer is seen with another object in hand or a face replaced with the same one whether he or she is facing from right to left or the other way around or they use another face or the same character and put it on that person on that page or if another hat is worn and so forth.