These are the Rules of Dr. Seuss Wiki. They are to be followed by all users at all times.
- Because many of Dr. Seuss' works are aimed at kids, no cussing, swearing, obscene language, or profanity of any sort. (Even if it's abbreviated!)
- No spamming.
- No "mature references," for want of a better word.
- No dissing anyone (including yourself).
- Do not edit just for the sake of editing. Just because you have more edits or badges than another user, that doesn't mean you are more important than they are.
- Only edit your own user page, not anyone else's (unless you get permission from the other user first).
- Don't mini-mod. If you see a user breaking a rule, don't tell them, tell an admin and they will take care of it.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed. If you make a second account after being banned, you will be found out and the duplicate account(s) will be banned forever.
- Please don't harass or aggravate spammers and vandals as it only incites them to cause more damage.
- Absolutely no vandalism!
- This could be considered a "catch all" rule, but for the sake of it, it will be included separately: Be kind and respect all other users, especially admins, who have the authority to block anyone who gets out of line.
- Do not add fanon content to this wiki. This includes fanon books, episodes, merchandise, dubs, etc.
- Also, do not try to convince people that your creations are canon. This is considered lying, and only information revealed by the people and companies involved with Dr. Seuss' works is canon.
- Have fun!
- Do not upload images from other sites without permission.
- Images must be saved in either .png, .jpg, or .gif. Any other file types are not allowed.
- Do not upload blurry images.
- Do not upload really small images.
- Do not upload fan images without an admin's consent.
- Do not upload duplicate videos.
- Avoid uploading videos with watermarks or any similar features.
- Do not upload "YouTube Poops" or any other types of fan-made videos.
- Do not upload full versions of episodes or films, as this is a violation of FANDOM's community guidelines.
All of the following rules (except when stated) apply to message walls, article and blog comments, and article talk pages.
- No content except vandalism, broken links, and profanity may be removed from any user's message wall.
- Article talk pages are there for discussing changes to the article, not for a discussion about the topic in question.
- Old comments with resolved issues or that are no longer relevant are subject to deletion to keep the pages clear.
- Don't rewrite other users' messages.
- Don't answer messages left for other users.
- Leaving messages on your own wall is considered spam. Doing so is not "talking to everyone" as no one gets a notification saying that you've left the message.
- No opinions on a certain book/character/song/show/film are allowed in article talk pages. Instead, please post them either in your user page, in an article comment or in a Discussions post.
- Please keep Discussion posts relevant to Dr. Seuss or the wiki at large. Off-topic posts, spamming, and vandalism will be deleted.
- Do not abuse the report function to report posts that do not violate our rules.
Warning and Blocking Rules
- This wiki follows a four strikes system when warning users.
- The first time a user violates the rules, an admin or moderator will place a warning message on the offending user's message wall.
- The second time a user violates the rules, an admin or moderator will give the user another warning message on their wall.
- The third time a user violates the rules, an admin or moderator will give the user one final warning message on their wall.
- If a user violates the rules a fourth time, the user will be blocked by an admin. Block lengths start small (e.g. 1 or 2 weeks) and increase each time a user is blocked at the discretion of an admin. Once a user's block expires, the user's warning count goes back to 0.
- Please note there are some exceptions to this rule:
- If vandalism was a user's first contributions to the wiki, an admin will completely skip the warning process and will initially block the vandal anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months (depending on the amount and severity of the vandalism committed). If a user continues to vandalize the wiki after their initial block for the offense expires, they will be banned permanently by an admin.
- As stated in the general rules, if a user is under the minimum age to have an account on FANDOM (13 years or older), their account will be permanently banned by an admin. Additionally, FANDOM staff will be contacted to have the underaged user's account globally disabled.
- If a previously-blocked or banned user makes a sockpuppet account(s) in an attempt to bypass their block or ban, their sockpuppet account(s) will be permanently banned by an admin.
Rules For Becoming a Staff Member
If a user wants to become a member of Dr. Seuss Wiki's staff, the following criteria must be met for the following positions:
- Rollback: Users with the rollback position are able to "rollback" undesirable edits (e.g. vandalism) that a user made with one click of a button. Their edit summaries will appear as "Reverted edits by X (talk) to last revision by Y". The criteria to become a rollback on Dr. Seuss Wiki is as follows:
- The user must have been on the wiki for at least two weeks (14 days)
- They must have made at least 25 edits on the wiki
- They must have a clean block record and no warnings for at least 14 days
- Content Moderator and Thread Moderator: Users with the content moderator position are able to protect and unprotect pages and files from being edited, delete and undelete pages, page histories and files, and they are also able to "rollback" a user's undesirable edits with the click of a button just like rollbacks can do.
Meanwhile, users with the thread moderator position are able to delete, undelete, and lock message wall posts and article or blog comments.
On Dr. Seuss Wiki, both of these roles are often given together. The criteria to become a moderator on Dr. Seuss Wiki is as follows:
- The user must have been on the wiki for at least one month (30 days)
- They must have made at least 50 edits on the wiki
- They must have a clean block record and no warnings for at least 30 days
- Administrator: Users with the administrator position have all of the priveleges of the content and thread moderator positions, plus they are also able to edit the wiki's design theme and format, edit MediaWiki pages, block and unblock users from editing and making new posts, and promote/revoke users to/from the rollback and thread moderator rights. The criteria to become an administrator on Dr. Seuss Wiki is as follows:
- The user must have been on the wiki for at least two months (60 days)
- They must have made at least 75 edits on the wiki
- They must have a clean block record and no warnings for at least 60 days
- They must already be a moderator on the wiki for at least 30 days
- Bureaucrat: Users with the bureaucrat position are able to promote/revoke users to/from the rollback, content moderator, thread moderator and administrator rights. They are also able to promote other users to the bureaucrat position. Although they can't remove another's bureaucrat position, they can remove their own if they so wish. If a bureaucrat wants to remove another user's bureaucrat position, FANDOM staff must be contacted first. The criteria to become a bureaucrat on Dr. Seuss Wiki is as follows:
- The user must have been on the wiki for at least three months (90 days)
- They must have made at least 100 edits on the wiki
- They must have a clean block record and no warnings for at least 90 days
- They must already be an administrator for at least 30 days
If you would like to join the Dr. Seuss Wiki staff and apply for any of these positions, message an administrator or bureaucrat on their message wall and a member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.