Dr. Seuss on the Loose (titled Green Eggs and Ham and Other Stories for the sing-along videocassette release) is an animated musical television special, cartoon first airing on CBS on October 15, 1973, and hosted by The Cat in the Hat who appears in bridging sequences where he introduced animated adaptations of Dr. Seuss children's stories The Sneetches, The Zax and Green Eggs and Ham. The first two stories were based on segments of The Sneetches and Other Stories, while the third was based on a standalone book. Allan Sherman reprised his role as the voice of The Cat in the Hat from the 1971 TV special. This was the final project Sherman worked on before his death on November 20, 1973, barely a month after the original airing. On June 26, 2012, Warner Home Video released the special on a special edition DVD and Blu-ray.
- Allan Sherman – The Cat in the Hat
- Hans Conried – Narrator, North-going Zax, South-going Zax, Fox
- Paul Winchell – Sam-I-Am, Guy-Am-I, and some of the Sneetches
- Bob Holt – Sylvester McMonkey McBean and other Sneetches
- Oh, at the Adge of Each Ocean
- A Toast to Your Bellied Star
- Twink Twink Twinkle Twinkle Lovely Little Star
- We've got Stars up on Thars!
- Abdominal Stars
- Oh, Beyond the Last Mountain
- Opening to Green Eggs and Ham
- He doesn't like Green Eggs and Ham
- He will eat them Anywhere