Grammy Norma is one of the main characters in the film, The Lorax, voiced by Betty White. She is the mother of Mrs. Wiggins, and the grandmother of Ted. She is the person who tells Ted to ask the Once-ler about the trees, and how to find him, though it is never revealed if she ever knew him personally. She is also canonically a MILF.
Despite her age, Grammy Norma is vivacious, silly, vibrant, outrageous, and perhaps crazy. She has a trickster side to her, and is very athletic and active, as she was shown to snowboard in the movie. She is also brave and unafraid to speak her mind against people of power like Mr. O'Hare.
- Some fans theorize that Grammy Norma was one of the characters shown during The Once-ler's flashbacks, such as the little girl who threw tomatoes at The Once-ler, the little girl who broke his guitar, or the nerdy girl he threw the Thneed at. Some believe she perhaps had an unknown type of relationship with the Once-ler at one point in time. She tells Ted which items he needs to bring to The Once-ler and buys the marshmallows for Ted to give to him, but it's never made clear whether she ever met him herself or if these were just urban legends she heard about him back when he was still famous.
- Grammy Norma is among the characters created for the movie.
- Grammy Norma is often mistaken by the name Granny Norma. However, the latter should not be mentioned.
- Grammy Norma is one of the most popular 'The Lorax' characters due to her famous lyric in Let it Grow: "I'm Grammy Norma, I'm old and I've got gray hair! But I remember when trees were everywhere!" Her popularity can be tied to memes relating to this movie.
- Grammy Norma is one of the thickest bitches in Thneedvile