Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?: Dr. Seuss's Book of Wonderful Noises! is a book written by Dr. Seuss and published in 1970.
A man named Mr. Brown learns to imitate sounds and noises from animals, insects and other unusual things.
This book has an iOS and Android app by Oceanhouse Media.
Goofs, Errors, Corrections, and Differences
- This is a review of the Goofs, Errors, Corrections and Differences between the video and the book.
- The main big subtitles from the book are used in the video and are shown in each scene such as Moo, Buzz, Eek, Boom, Splat, Slurp, Tick, Tock Knock, Grum, Whisper, Dibble Dopp, Hoo,Pop, Klopp, Cockadoodle doo, Pip, Etc.
- As the book begins on page 1 of the video of the book, Mr. Brown and the Cow are nowhere in sight. So all you will see is the background of the sky, the green bushes and the white grass. Then as the narrator mentions Mr. Brown, he appears but the editors edited his head faced forward and erased his open mouth into a closed mouth smile and his eyes are open as they were not in the book. Then, as the narrator says "he can go like a cow", the Cow appears with her mouth closed and tail faced down and the Sound effect of the Cow is heard once as this happens. Then has the Narrator says "Moo! Moo!" Mr. Brown is briefly switched back to how he was in the book where he closes his eyes and his head is in the right position looking up and his mouth is open imitating the sound of a cow but he does it twice then opens his eyes again, smiling, and the cow opens her mouth and lifts up her tail. Notices the layer of Mr. Brown with his head forward and eyes open, his suit is a little tad bit darker then the layer switches to Mr. Brown with is eyes closed and head back, the suit is lighter. Look closely at it when the Narrator says "Moo! Moo!" After that, Mr. Brown and the Cow fade away. Then Mr. Brown shows up again, but from page 16 (without the hand) and is more closer to the camera. Then he nods as his head points up when his name is called. Notice that this scene is going to be used three times later on in the video of this book.
- On page 2-3, the two bees are flying while watching Mr. Brown imitate their sounds. The second bee's wings are moving a bit.
- On page 4 on the video of the book, Mr. Brown's thumb is in his mouth and the cork is in the bottle. The cork then pops off, covering the first main word "POP", which explains why Mr. Brown said "POP" 3 times and not 4 times like in the book. Mr. Brown takes his thumb out his mouth three times as he said "POP" and places his thumb back into his mouth. Notice how the background in the video is different from the one in the book: in the book, it was yellow, but in the video, it's white and yellow and the bottle is lowered down.
- The horse on page 5 of the video of this book is raised up and the rest of his nose was drawn in due to being cut from the page.
- On page 6 of the video of this book, Mr. Brown is seen with his eyes open again and smiling and the rest of his body is drawn as you see two buttons on his suit he is wearing due to the body not being finished in the book. He then closes his eyes as his face is back to how it was in the book where you see him react to the squeaky shoe sound. The shoe comes down, making a noise, and he says "EEK EEK". Then he smiles, opening his eyes again. The shoe is more closer to Brown than being five steps away like it was in the book.
- Below, on that same page, Mr. Brown meets a rooster and imitates his noise, the scene is not slanted but is vertical facing up. A rooster crowing sound effect is also played in the background. The rest of Mr. Brown's suit and legs have been drawn and colored in due to be cut on the page of the book.
- On page 7 of the video of this book, when Mr. Brown is a few paces on the black grass, the tree the owl is standing on is slightly moved a bit farther. The big cloud behind Mr. Brown has been given some more white on the side. The Narrator in Mr. Brown's voice only said "Hoo" two times, but in the book it was four times. Here is why, cause when the Owl said "Hoo" two times first, it covered the first two times "Hoo" was said.
- A quick review of page 6 and 7 happens after the owl scene in the book but, this time in the video while that's happening the pages 6 and 7 are shown but Mr. Brown is more closer to the objects, things, animals or persons that make the sounds.
- On page 8-9 of the video of this book, layers of a million blue rain drops fall down instead of the rain drops that were from the book. The rest of Mr. Brown's outfit (due to being cut in the book) has been drawn in and painted as it was seen when the camera zooms out slowly.
- On page 10 of the video of this book the rest of the train tracks and the cave where the train came out from have been drawn in due to being cut from the page and Mr. Brown is three steps down from where he was normally standing in the book.
- On page 11, it was a review of all the recent words of the page, so the editors used almost all the pages for the review of pages 1 to 9 except page 10 of the train scene. Plus, the background of the first scene and Mr. Brown from page 16 is used for the second time as the narrator said "Oh, the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do!"
- Some scenes during the review of pages are flipped horizontal.
- As soon as the narrator said "How about you" the camera is already into the next scene of page 12-13 where you see the second bee from page 2-3 flying into the scenery then he flies away.
- On page 12-13 of the video of this book Mr. Brown is one step away from the spot he was normally standing on and the butterfly's wings are both flapping at the same time but were flapping differently in the book.
- On page 14 of the video of this book the rest of the big tuba horn was drawn and painted in due to half of it being cut from the page of the book. Mr. Brown only said "Blurp Blurp" two times but he said it four times in the book. The Tuba horn sound effect was already making noise covering the first words "Blurp Blurp". The tuba and the tuba player are lowered down from the spot he was on in the book and as Mr. Brown appears, he is one step away from the tuba player then standing in the spot he was normally standing on in the book.
- On page 15 of the video of this book, Both Mr. Brown and the big cat have their tongues inside their mouths. Their tongues were not sticking out at this time as it was in the book. The big cat's tongue comes out first moving from right to left and fades out as a slurping sound effect is heard. The word "SLURP" said first was already covered by the cat which is why Mr. Brown only said "SLURP" only two times as his tongue moves out his mouth, but he said "SLURP" three times in the book.
- On page 16 of the video of the book, the rest of the table is painted, and drawn in and Mr. Brown is two steps away from the pink clock then being closer like he was in the book as he said "TICK". when the scene changes to the scene below, he is closer to the pink clock in the video instead of being two steps away from it like he was in the book when he says "TOCK".
- On page 17 of the video of the book, the blue door was replaced with another blue door for no reasonable cause. The hand comes in getting ready to knock and Mr. Brown is standing more closer to the doorway then being four steps away from in like he was in the book. The hand moves knocking on the door as you heard a knock sound effect and bongos.
- A little review of page 16 and 17 is shown in the video where the narrator says "Tick Tock Tick Tock Knock Knock Knock" the knocking hand moves again but you will only hear bongos in the background and not the door.
- Then on the video a review of pages 14, 15, 6, 17, and 7 is seen again (no movement) as the narrator said "Oh the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do!" Also the arm of a man knocking on the door is now rotated vertical and no longer horizontal.
- On page 18-19 of the video of the book Mr. Brown is three steps closer to the stove while frying an egg as the sound effect of eggs is heard.
- On page 20-21 of the video of this book, you will see Mr Brown then right after, a Hippopotamus. Mr. Brown is brought in six steps closer to the hippopotamus and as the hippo is chewing you will see a 3D bump on the side of the hippo's jaw. In the book of this page, the hippopotamus had no bump on the jaw. The Hippo's mouth opens showing his teeth and gums. The movement dialogue of Mr Brown's arms moving is erased.
- On page 22-23 in the video of this book, if you look at the fish bowl you will see that it's sitting on the table and not in mid low air as it was in the book. The word's "PIP!" are bigger in the video but small in the book.
- On page 24-25 on the video of this book, the green bushes in the book have been replaced by new green bushes in the video of the book, Mr. Brown is five steps away from where he was normally standing in the book and after exact time the narrator said "BOOM" or "SPLAT",is was not hovering over the bushes in the video like he was in the book. The layer of Mr. Brown hovering in the air switches to the layer of Mr. Brown from page 17 who is standing on the ground, but this time, his mouth was drawn closed as he stands on the ground before moving again. As the full scene is shown, Mr. Brown has been moved a few steps to the left but still not at his standing point in from in the book, the bird and the rabbit both flee the scenery in fright of the storm, after the narrator said "Splat!" three times.
- In the video of the book, during the review, the last two pages are not used at all. The video goes through all the pages of the sounds Mr. Brown imitated but in order as the Narrator reads the last two pages in the book or script. If you look in the reviews, Mr Brown in every scene is now closer to the camera and not in his standing point. This is the forth time the quote "Oh, the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do!" and the fourth time the background from the first page was used with Mr. Brown from page 16 in the scene. The Narrator reads all the words in order on the last page of the book as the video goes through all the page scenes that are re-arranged in most of the reviews.
- As the narrator finishes the book by saying "Mr. Brown can do it. How about you?" Mr. Brown is taken from the sound words review page that was not used, and was put into the backing page of the book where all the words are. He is seen hopping from left to right feeling happy of the goal he achieved. Due to the left hand of Mr. Brown being split on page 27, it was attached onto him by the editors. You will see him bouncing in a room full of the words of the sounds he imitated as the episode of the book on video comes to an end.
- The layer of Mr. Brown that was already there in the book was taken away from this scene.