Sara "Sally" Walden is a character in The Cat in the Hat series of books. She's shown with her brother, Conrad and she's the cute and very beautiful daughter of Joan Walden. In The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library & The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!, she's accompanied by a new boy named Nick.
Voices and actors
In the film The Cat in the Hat (2003), she was portrayed by Dakota Fanning & voiced by Andrea Bowen in the Video Game of the movie. In The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! (2010) she's voiced by Alexa Torrington. In The Cat In The Hat she's voiced by Pamelyn Ferdin. In Living Books Presents: The Cat In the Hat, she's voiced by Brittany Lawrence.
In the 1957 book, Sally wears a purple sleeve-less knee-length dress over a frilly white short sleeved blouse, a white pearl necklace & a blue or red bow in her yellow blonde hair.
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
In the 1958 book, Sally wears black pants, a white sweater & a red snow hat.
1971 TV Special
In the 1971 special, Sally has short gold hair. She wears a light gray shirt under a maroon jumper, bow, & black dress shoes.
2012 T.V. Series
In the T.V. series, she has short, blonde hair. She wears a short, white T-shirt under a dark pink jumper with 2 buttons, & dark pink shoes. She no longer wears her bow but now wears a dark pink headband instead.
2012 Alternate Outfits
Her swimsuit consist of a pink swimsuit with a purple-&-white flower on the front, & a pink swim-dress. Her nightwear consist of a pink short-sleeved nightgown. Her winter clothes consist of a striped dark pink-&-light green hat with her headband underneath, a striped dark pink-&-light green scarf, a pink knee-length coat with 4 buttons, dark pink gloves, green pants, & brown winter boots. She also has a frilly pink ruffled short puffy-sleeved calf-length princess dress with pink low-heeled pumps.
2016 TV Film
In the upcoming TV Film, her appearance from the TV Series is the same, but her headband, jumper, & shoes are now maroon instead of dark pink.
Physical Appearance Edit
Casual Attire Edit
Sally has short light blonde hair with a dark pink headband on. She usually wears a very short-sleeved, white T-shirt under a dark pink jumper with 2 dark pink buttons, & dark pink shoes with maroon soles.
Other Outfits Edit
- Her swimsuit consist of a pink 1-piece bathing suit with a purple-&-white flower in the middle, & a pink skirt.
- Her nightwear consist of a light pink short-sleeved nightdress with 2 buttons, & a white collar. (Season 1)
- Pink onesie pajamas (Cat in the Hat Know A Lot About Camping)
- Maroon t-shirt & pants (Season 3)
- Her winter clothes consist of a striped dark pink-&-light green hat with her headband underneath, a striped dark pink-&-light green scarf, a long pink coat with 4 dark pink buttons, dark pink gloves, dark green pants, & brown winter boots.
- Her scuba suit's a dark pink wet-suit, with maroon flippers, belt, & head goggles. Her oxygen tank, & tube's are blue.
- In the Series Premiere episode "Show Me The Honey", Sally wore a black-&-yellow striped jumper over her short white T-shirt, black headband, & black shoes.
- In the Season 1 episode "You Should be Dancing", Sally had a summer outfit that consist of a light blue, short-sleeved dress with a purple-&-white flower on the front, purple sunglasses, & her dark pink shoes.
- In the 2011 TV Series, Sally's six years old; one year younger than Nick.
- In the Movie, she's eight years old; the same age as Conrad.
- She likes to color.
- In the movie, she started off as a "control freak".
- In the movie, she also likes to make "to-do" lists.
- She likes sandwiches, as evidenced in a game based on The Cat in the Hat Knows Alot About That! when she said "Birds eat bugs. I'd rather have a sandwich.
- Sally's favorite color's pink as revealed in "Pick Your Friends.".
- Sally has torn at least 2 of her own dresses during the show's 5-year run: her pink (both light & dark) silk princess dress once (a bush branch caused it to rip) in Dress Up Day, & her dark pink jumper once (accidentally happened when she stood up from sitting on the back porch steps when it tore part of her dark pink jumper off) in Cotton Patch.
- In the 3 upcoming Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! films, her physical appearance's the same, but with maroon clothing.
- Sally has took her headband off only once (intentionally slipped off her head) in "Hooray For Hair."
- In the Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! books, her physical appearance's the same, but she now has dark blonde hair, light pink clothing, & white leggings or tights.