Learn to read. Read to learn. This series of collectible nonfiction books for beginning readers explores a range of subjects from dinosaurs to outer space. Written in rhyme, they feature the characters from The Cat in the Hat—The Cat, Sally, her brother (who is called Dick later called Conrad), Thing One and Thing Two—and introduce basic science concepts. Each book includes an index, glossary, and suggestions for further reading.
About the books:
The names of several of the books are named after certain Dr. Seuss books and/or characters such as:
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! and Other Stories (I Can Name 50 Trees Today!)
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (One Cent, Two Cent, Old Cent, New Cent)
- Sam-I-Am (Clam I Am)
- Hooray for Diffendoofer Day! (Hurray for Today!)
- Oh the Thinks You Can Think! (Oh, The Pets You Can Get!)
- Great Day for Up! (A Great Day for Pup)
- There's a Wocket in my Pocket (There's A Map on My Lap!)
- Oh Say Can You Say (Oh Say Can You Say What's The Weather Today?, Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur?)
- If I Ran the Zoo/If I Ran the Circus (If I Ran the Dog Show, If I Ran the Rainforest)
- On Beyond Zebra! (On Beyond Bugs!)
- In these book series, Thing 1 and Thing 2 have yellow hair, peach skin and blue sleepers instead of blue hair, white skin and red sleepers from The Cat in the Hat book and it's animated TV special and the 2003 live-action film of the same name.