The Cat in the Hat Comes Back is a book written by Dr. Seuss.
The Cat in the Hat made a return appearance in this 1958 sequel. Once again, the mother has left Sally and her brother Conrad alone for the day, but this time, they are instructed to clear away a huge amount of snow while she is out. While they are working, the cat arrives and snacks on a cake in the bathtub with the water running, and leaves a pink residue. Preliminary attempts to clean it up fail since they only transfer the mess elsewhere, including a dress, the wall, a pair of $10 shoes, a rug, the bed, and finally outside. The cat reveals that Little Cat A is nested inside his hat. Little Cat A doffs his hat to reveal Little Cat B, who reveals C, and so on, the 3 cats do the work where the spot is swept from the bed onto a T.V. then into a pan and blown out the house with a fan Then Conrad informs them on where the spot blew off too. The 3 little cats realized that the spot flew onto the snow outside where Conrad and Sally were working at earlier before the Cat in the Hat showed up. The 3 Little cats think on what to do next about the situation about snow spot outside. Then Cat C takes off his hat revealing cat D,E,F and finally G much to Conrad and Sally's surprise. A "snow spot killing" war then takes place between the mess and Little Cats A through G, But this was not very concerning to Conrad because he wasn't didn't approve of what the 7 little cats were doing an he and sally noticed that the all they work they was doing was only making more spots and the begged the Cat in the Hat to put them all back in his hat which the Cat disagrees much to their request, He proclaims that the 7 little cats need more help to get the job done so he tells the two children to please keep calm. Little Cat G then stops what he does and takes off his hate revealing more cats from H to V and along with the other cats from earlier they use an arsenal of primitive weapons including pop guns, bats, and a lawnmower and other accessories. Some of the tiny cats were having a pink snow ball fight and making snowmen. Unfortunately, the initial battle to rid the mess only turns it into an entire yard-covering in pink from what used to be the cat ring in a tub. The Cat in the hat seemed very confident and impressed by his little cat's work. then he states that they need a little more help for all the work to be covered and done. He calls forward Little Cats V, and show to Conrad and Sally who then takes off his hats to uncover microscopic cats "W, X, Y and lastly Little Cat Z. The Cat in the Hat tells them that they cannot see Z because he is too small to be seen but he tells them that Z is the one to have all the spot cleaned up. Z takes his hat off and unleashes a "Voom", which cleans up the back yard and puts all of the other Little Cats back into the large Cat in the Hat's Hat. Conrad and Sally are shocked realizing that their work was done for them and the snow was back to being white again and cleared out the walk ways. The Cat leaves happily, with the promise he will return some day if the kids have spots again, and bring all his little cats back.
The book ends in a burst of flamboyant versification, with the full list of little cats arranged into a metrically-perfect rhymed quatrain, designed to teach the reader the alphabet.
Little Cats A, B and C were also characters in the 1996 TV series The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss (Little Cat N also made an appearance, but only once and some of the alphabetical cats appeared in Season 2 regularly as Little Cat Z began to be visible).
Oceanhouse Media published this book to be used as an app on Iphones, Ipod touch, Ipad and android apps.
Beginner Book Video Series
This Book "The Cat in The Hat Comes Back" was also used in the Random House Home Video Series which entitles as "Dr. Seuss Beginner Book Video" along with two other books "There's a Wocket in my Pocket!" and "Fox in Socks".
Goofs, Errors and Corrections and Differences
- On page 3 of the book, the smoke coming from the chimney of Sally and Conrad's house is white, but in the video the smoke from the chimney was black. You will also notice that the snow from Conrad's shovel is not in mid air as it was in the book, but laying in a pile of snow. The tree where the bird sits at has been colored in due to being cut from the page of the book and the same tree had to be used to replace the tree in page 5 of the book.
- The top of the house on pages 4 and 5 was cut off from the book so the random house workers had to color in the rest of it and as you can see the snow was different from the first page, second of all, Sally and Conrad were moved up a bit to fill in a few spots on where the text of the page was on the same page.
- When the Cat in the hat made his appearance, some more snow was added in the background of the video due to their being less snow in the book on page 6-7. And the angle of the cat was faced straight and not looking up.
- On page 8-9 in the book, the cat sled to the right and left and into the house but in the video he surpassed Conrad and he went in and the angle of Sally was rotated to the left a bit looking at the sky but, in the book she was faced up looking at the cat. You will also notice that the snow divit they were working in is closer in the video but a few steps away in the book. Also parts of the house was drawn and painted and snow has been added to the windows in this video of the book. but in the book there is no snow on the window.
- In page 10-11 For some odd reason in the video where the cat was in the bathtub you might notice that his hat has been replaced with the same hat he wore on page 6 but, worn backwards.
- On page 12-13 in the video of the book where Conrad gets mad at the cat he is 1 step away from the spot he was normally stepping on in the book while standing on the bathtub, and in the video when Conrad said "I must go back and dig" the water handle disappear.
- In the video where Conrad notices the ring, he has been moved a tad bit from the spot he was standing on in page 14-15 on the video of the book, plus the water handle and the facet was missing and the cat was a tab bit closer.
- The faucet has been replaced in the video of page 16-17 in the video of the book where the Cat uses a dress to rid the tub of the cat ring.
- On page 18-19 on the video of this book, everything is the same, no movement. In this scene Sally looks through the window shocked about her Mother's dress being ruined and the Cat is holding the dress seeing her as she tells him the spot may not come off. Conrad is beside the Cat looking at the dress.
- In the video of page 20-21 the Cat's hat was missing two stripes red and white and was forgotten to be colored in, but the curtains of the window were colored in where you see Sally standing outside.
- On page 22-23 on the video of the book, You will notice the Cat's left arm on the right flipped the other way with a shoe rubbing the two shoes on the wall rubbing the spots off. The shoes then get filled with the spots on them. The scene is then zoomed to where Conrad is looking at the shoe noticing it was his fathers shoes that costs $10. The scene phases to the full scene zooming out slowly as everything is back in place how it was in the book.
- The room where Conrad leaves on page 24-25, It also seems like the Cat is a bit more bigger while sliding the shoes on the rug as the spots are covering it as he slides, but Conrad is smaller while leaving the room seeing the rug spots, the door way is a tad bit smaller in the video and it seems as if Sally's head is now in the house through the window but in the book it seemed as if she was outside and not the how but is seen in the window.
- The correction on page 26-27 of the book and video, is where Conrad was taken from page 24 and put into page 26 (but flipped the other way.) When the cat pulls the rug, then the layer of Conrad (that was seen coming) flips as if he tripped and slipped then fades out quickly switching to where the layer of Conrad seen falling on the on the floor.
- Conrad from page 18 was used again and put into on page 28-29 replacing himself that was already there due to the body of 28 Conrad being cut off in the book. In this scene, The cat shook the rug onto the bed and the bed now has the spot.
- In Page 30-31, you will notice that the scenery has been edited a little, Sally who comes in the door is a bit 4 steps closer to the cat and Conrad and Cat are near the bed, and the bed has been drawn and colored in from being cut from the book.
- In page 32-33 The layers from that pages are being used as the scene is still on page 30-31. The Cat's hat from page 6 is used again but backwards, then as he takes it off the two stripes red and white are missing, nothing compared to how the hat looked in the book and the background from page 31 to 37 was still being used. You can still see the door from where Sally came in and Cat A's hat is placed in on his head before being taken off as the hand and arm is edited as he is touching the hat. In the book, Sally was still in the doorway witnessing the Cat's putting one of his helpers out the hat, But that part along with Conrad turning his head to the cat looking shocked was not used in the video.
- On 34-35, on the the layers of the Cat, Cat A and Cat B were used for page 30-31 in the video and Sally and Conrad who are surprised to see Cat A reveal Cat B were not used in the video but are in the book.
- On page 36-37 the Layers of the Cat, Cat A, Cat B and Cat C are used for page 30-31. Again, the layers of Conrad and Sally are not used in the video like they are in the book who are shocked to see Cat B reveal Cat C.
- Cat A was taken from page 37 and put onto page 38-39 to the video due to the layer of Cat A that was currently on page 38 in the book being cut off and the bed is once again painted and drawn in. Also, you will notice that the scenery was cut short cause you will notice the door way threshold is more closer to the electrical outlet but you don't see the outside being shown. The threshold is drawn in wrongly sort of. Sally and Conrad are 6 steps away from being by the bed. You won't see the Cat in the Hat in this scenery (who in the book was standing by watching his little cats at work) due to being cut off at page 39 and little cat C is 3 steps away from where he was normal standing at.
- In the video, Conrad and Sally's pants were drawn in on page 40-41 and the Little Cats A, B and C, are 2 steps from where they were normally standing as they were looking outside thinking and you still won't see the Cat in the Hat (who in the book was thinking too) in this scene like you did in the book.
- In page 42-43 of the video of the book Cat C "Who is about to to call up cats D,E,F,G," has been slightly moved from his spot he was normally standing in and the Cat in the Hat and his cats A and B were cut off from the page. In page 43 when Cat G appeared he was slanted to the left but in the book he was standing straight up. When Cat C spoke, its unknown who the person was that voiced him because the voice actor was unaccredited. Cat A from page 33 and Cat B from page 35 are used again to replace themselves in this scene from being cut on this page in the book as they along with C,D,E,F and G announce their plan to to clean up the pink snow spots. The Cat in the Hat who is agreeing with their plan in the book is not used in this scene on the video and Conrad and Sally's sweater was drawn in.
- The Cat's hat was taken from page 9 to replace the hat that was cut off from page 44-45, and the door to the red house was drawn in but the cat's tail was missing due to being cut from the page in the video and was forgotten to be drawn and painted in and more snow has been added to the scenery and the top of the house. The Pop guns and Cat A and Cat D was using, the bullet strings of the guns phase in and out quickly, as snow balls are seen being popped it was supposed to show cat C throwing up the snow balls for them to pop but instead you'll see cat C there holding up his right hand as if he threw some up. Cat B and E are playing snow ball fight with Cat G. and Cat F is also standing on cat D playing with a pop gun but his gun bullet string was not animated.
- On page 46-47 of the video and book, notice that the cat's hat was once again cut off from the page, so the top of the hat from page 29 was used to be put on page 47, second of all the cat isn't leaning on the snow like he did in the book but, it looked like he was going to sit on the snow instead. You can also see that the red house is missing. A little cat which might appear to be Cat G is more closer to the Cat in the hat then he was in the book and cat C and possibly Cat F are moved up closer but it seems that Cat E was missing from the middle cause in the book you will see him throwing up a snow ball.
- When Cat G is about to call up little Cats H,I J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,U,S,T,V, Cats S, T,U and V were too small to see on the video but visible in the book on page 48-49. It's unknown who voiced Cat G but it appears to be the same person who voiced Cat C, however that person changed his voice to make it sound like he was more of a smart genius. Then all the adult voices actors Marian, Lynn, Earl, Barton and Jim and a few unaccredited voices join in all talking at the same time at once talking about what all cats they need for help.
- The differences on page 50 and 51 between the book and the video, are where the Cat's body has been drawn and painted in, Conrad from page 18 is used again being seen behind the Cat because in the book, Conrad really was actually standing behind him but the body was cut off., both Conrad and the Cat in the hat are brought in closer pass the dead tree to the right where the bird was standing on, Cat A ,Cat B and a few little cats were brought in up and closer to the pink snow man and the house due to the text of the book being erased, more snow added to the scene and the tiny cats N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V, are missing, not in their spot like they were in the book. It is unknown where Sally was at this time, maybe she might have been behind Conrad in the book but cut off because in some copies of the Dr. Seuss Books the scenery may or may not be zoomed in.
- Page 52-53, was edited a lot. Due to the text of the book being erased, the bird and dead tree covered in pink snow, the Cat in the Hat, Conrad, Sally and the little cats have all been moved more closer and their red house that was on the page in the book is missing in this video's episode.
- In page 54-55, the Cat in the Hat's legs are drawn in kind of thick and a little, Cat B's body was left cut from the page but all blackened while drawn in and standing on nothing while beside the Cat in the Hat, Cat A's body was drawn in a little poorly and the few little cats have been moved from the cut parts of the page and are place in the snow and Cat A is 3 steps closer to Sally and Conrad.
- Page 56-57 was seen a little bit viewing the cat holding his finger that happens to have tiny Cat Z on his one finger then the scene goes back to pages 53-54 and back to 55-56.
- Page 58-59 on the VOOM scene, the VOOM swirly blazing lights are moving rapidly as the word VOOM is there caught in between blinking out and in and then the VOOM words zoomed forward leaving the scene. The scene then goes to Sally and Conrad from page 53-54 then later the whole scene goes white.
- On page 60-61 of the video, the bird on the dead tree is brought in closer from its spot in the book and Cat, Sally and Conrad are more closer ins the walkway to the house than being on the driveway of the road.
- On the Last page (62-63) of the video and book you will see Conrad and Sally's pants in the scenery due to them being cut off from the page, and the Cat from page 6 has been used once more to replace himself "the Cat" whose hand's were cut from the book leaving the house. The only difference is that the cat's snow skis are gone from his feet on the cat from page 6, indicating that he left them in the house somewhere.
- You will see the bold and larger letters of the alphabet being posted on screen but without the words "and".
- At the end of the paper backing page was used where you'll see the Cat in the Hat again. The curtain to close the window where the Cat in the Hat was standing outside has been drawn in and painted white and as soon as the curtain closes the window, the words "The End" appear on it, ending this episode of the book on video.